If a government authority makes me close my business, does the “Civil Authority” additional coverage trigger coverage?

FAQ Answer

While a loss does not need to occur to your business for Civil Authority additional coverage to be triggered, a loss does need to occur to another business for there to be coverage. Again, the Department recommends that you review your policy with your agent.  
Common policy verbiage: In this Additional Coverage, Civil Authority, the described premises are premises to which this Coverage Form applies, as shown in the Declarations.  When a Covered Cause of Loss causes damage to property other than property at the described premises, we will pay for the actual loss of Business Income you sustain…  


FAQ Category