Additional information from the North Dakota Department of Human Services

FAQ Answer

North Dakotans are encouraged to use the North Dakota Department of Human Services self-service portal at to apply for Medicaid health care coverage and other help, including the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), child care assistance and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). Some individuals can also use the portal webpage to complete required reviews, report changes in income, household size and other circumstances, and to securely upload documents. TANF monthly reporting has not been automated yet, and clients should continue to submit completed reports to their local human service zone offices (formerly known as county social service offices). These can be submitted by email, fax or dropped off at a zone office.

Individuals can find information about how to apply for heating assistance at or by contacting their local human service zone office.

Parents can also find resources and information and access online Child Support services at Parents with questions about their case can also call Child Support customer service at 701-328-5440, toll-free at 800-231-4255 and 711 (TTY).