I have a substance use disorder and I'm feeling anxious. Where can I go for support?

FAQ Answer

North Dakota Department of Human Services – Behavior Health Division


The outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) can be stressful for people and communities. The North Dakota Department of Human Services’ Behavioral Health Division is offering resources to support North Dakotans’ behavioral health during this time.

Recovery Talk: 1-844-44TALK2

Individuals with a substance use disorder that need support are encouraged to visit with a trained peer support specialist in the state who has lived experience in addiction.

Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746

Available to provide crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters. TYY 1-800-846-8517 for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255.

Individuals struggling with thoughts of suicide